Tuesday, February 15, 2011

crown and blanket

Grandma Marcia and Aunt Julie sent us a Valentine's Day package-- and in it was a crown for Quinn. I think she likes it :)

My friend, Courtney is doing this craft project to help women in third world countries. (sorry if I am totally explaining this wrong, Courtney). Anyway-- I keep sitting down to make stuff to donate to her and end up just making stuff for the baby instead. I sat down yesterday with this white minky thinking to make a few sets of burp rags and instead made the baby a quilt.

This is the only way I know how to quilt--- HUGE squares that are all the same size. No binding.. I just sewed it right sides together and flipped it and sewed the opening shut. Every time I try to bind something it turns out horrible. PLUS, I didn't even really quilt the top and bottom together. (and it's not actually that wrinkly and weird-- Hendrix just walked across it with his bike and I didn't re-smooth it)

the back side is black and white houndstooth--it's actually minky-- how cute is that?? my mom bought it for me last time she was here-- thanks mom :)

Before this picture I think Quinn said something like "wow mom!! That's cute. I need to use it." Then she threw the blanket off her bed and snatched the new blanket.

THIS is the beginnings of my friend's craft website. If you are interested in helping and donating handmade things there is an email address on the blog.

3 comments:

Mom said...

That's my little princess! Very cute blanket (and Quinn recognizes cute when she see's it).

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oh wow! i really, really, REALLY love that blanket!!!

cc said...

Thanks for the mention and for spreading the word!

Cute quilt. :)