Wednesday, December 04, 2013

working girl

Big changes happening in the Keller house. I am going back to work! I haven't worked since we moved, but I've been itching to get back to it. I applied for a job, had an interview, (then a second interview), then offered a job! I feel like it all fell into place so quickly and easily. Even my Texas cosmetology license came in the mail on the same day I was offered a position.

Dave and I have both gone back and forth on the decision. We have had some mixed emotions about it... Wondering if the timing was right, the kids were old enough, the scheduling would be too hard to juggle. But... it's falling into place. I will only work 2 days one week, then 2.5 the next. And-- the kids will be with Dave when I'm at work. I found a really awesome salon in downtown Round Rock that I am really excited about. It is an Aveda salon-- which I did before in California, so I'm looking forward to Aveda again. It has such a culture that goes with it-- education, client experience, salon atmosphere, etc. For instance- I HAVE TO WEAR ALL BLACK AGAIN!!! Yikes. I feel like my usual goal when getting dressed is to combine as many colors as possible without looking like a clown. And when I do end up looking like a clown, I'm good with it. So that will be a change. And I'm sure my kids will have to get used to me being gone more than I am now. But.. I think it will be good for all of us. A chance for me to get away and be something other than a mom for a few hours a week. (And a chance for the kids to spend more time with Dave.) So if you read this and live in Texas-- I will finally agree to do your hair :)

(Here's a blurry picture of me during my hands on interview. It was probably kind of cheating because I did Alanna's hair. But I got the job anyway, so I guess its wasn't cheating.) 

5 comments:

kelsey said...

that's awesome, congrats! you will love it and do great. I wish you could do my hair . . . boo. I miss our little "hair dates" in your little salon room in kuna!

Mom said...

I know today is your first day. Good luck. I will pray for you that you'll have a great day and that this change will be a good one. I'm proud of you doing what you need to do. And you are a GREAT hairdresser.

Shane and Amy Jo said...

I'm excited for you! And I wish I could come to you!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

That's awesome - I hope you love it. And your kids always seem cuter and less naughty when you've spent some time away from them, right?

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

this makes me want to cry because my hair misses you so much!! would it put too much pressure on you if i fly out to tx twice a year to have my hair done by you!??!? :)