Sunday, September 21, 2008

First day of nursery and 'hat'

Well is 18 months old...I know I can't believe it myself. Today was the first day that I was going to leave Quinn in nursery. (I've been taking her in there but I've stay with her since she wasn't officially old enough to be in there). She was doing great so I decided to sneak out. Right as I was shutting the door I heard her say 'mommy.' Ugh. I cried all the way to my class. haha...but she did great!!! So now Dave and I will get a break at church--which will be nice! And just so you understand my separation anxiety--I have NEVER left Quinn while she was awake with anyone but Dave or my mom. I know, I know....but she's my first baby. :)
Here she is in her new dress....it was only $3.48 at Target...I love Target.

Here she is literally RUNNING to give daddy his shoes so they can go outside. She only asks about 500 time a day to go outside.

Quinn started noticing hats lately. Anytime she sees one in a book she points it out. So tonight while I was putting her pj's on she kept asking for a hat. She was happy as a clam to have a hat on while daddy read her books before bed.

4 comments:

valerie said...

she was probably the cutest kid in there.....oh wait, besides my handsome little guy. He probably looks like the jolly green giant compared to her in that class! I hope he doesn't bully her...:)
Do you and dave not go out on dates???? how in the world have you not left her before now??? you crazy girl, you NEED that break...even if you don't think you do!!!! :)

Leslie said...

Happy 18 months Quinn! I'll answer Valerie's question above: You and Dave DO go out on dates, but she is always asleep before you leave. :) She is such a funny girl. Evie misses her pal, Quinn.

kelsey said...

i don't even believe she's 18 months!!! where did that go? i agree, you need a break sometimes, especially before the new baby comes!!! jk. i know you leave her, just after she's asleep. miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Separation anxiety is often worse for mom than baby. Wait til first day of Kindergarden.... you'll need a box of kleenex. I guess I'll be getting a lot of fresh air next week. I'll show Quinn which shoes are mine. Should I bring her a new hat??