Monday, May 13, 2013

Backpack


About a week ago I went to a clothing swap with some super darling friends. I knew I would end up with a few great things since they all dress really cute. I picked up this cute little shirt and loved it right away... until I tried it on. It didn't quite fit, but I took it home anyway thinking it could be turned into  a cute skirt for one of my girls. 

(Meanwhile, I should add, that I've been struggling with my latest sewing project: making backpacks for my kiddos for our trip to Michigan. I started one- and I hate it. It's turning out awful, plus it's really hard... not a good combo). So I thought hey!! Maybe this shirt could be a little backpack for Veda! 

So that's what I did!

Here's the back. The tank top had adjustable straps- PERFECT for a backpack. 
 I haven't seen it on her yet since she's napping, but I already like it WAY more than the other one I've been working on. Which might just go in the trash if I can find another shirt that I can refashion into another backpack :)

8 comments:

kelsey said...

stop being so awesome all the time.

Anonymous said...

Oh my... this is adorable Amber!!! you are one talented chick.

Lindsey said...

This is amazing! I can't believe you can just whip these things up with no pattern. When are you headed to Michigan? We should coordinate a trip one of these days so we can hang out.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

you are incredible amber! seriously!!! that is so so cute!

Cami and Juan said...

I love it! It looks like I could buy it at Target!

Cami and Juan said...

This looks like something I'd buy at Target. I love it!

Mom said...

You are definitely a genius! And that is SOOOO cute!

Janssen said...

ooh, well done! (I loved that shirt, but I kind of always looked pregnant in it).