Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas countdown

Here it is!! My calendar is 99% finished. I still have to work on the edges and do a star, but since it's December already we decided to hang it up!

Cute huh? It's not Pottery Barn, but that's ok. Quinn doesn't know the difference anyway--she just knows that she found a pot of play doh in one of the pockets this morning :)

Someone please remind me next time I try to make something this big....it took me FOREVER. The pockets were really fun to do, but the rest of it was hard. It was hard to small things onto something so huge.

It was worth the work though--and thanks to everyone for their ideas. And my dad--who made the numbers for me!!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Turned out super cute, Am! I actually just saw the pottery barn advent calendar the other day and thought that would be so cute to make. Good job, I'll bet that was all-time-consuming! Hey, where are all the prego pics?

Pikula's said...

I am so impressed, this is way cute!! Way to go!!

Lotus Hair Spa said...

Ummm, that is so cute! I can not believe your dad is so crafty! How cute is that dress?!
April

Anonymous said...

That is soooo Cute! It's so big! It really makes an impact so large. I bet Quinn will love looking in all those pockets. You are amazing.

Liz said...

That is amazing Amber. I wish I had the patience and creativty that you do!

Melony said...

Amber you amaze me! This is so fun! I wish I had the time and talent to make even a few of the cute things you create!

Amy said...

Amber, your Christmas Countdown is so cute! I love how you incorporated the sky blue. That is my favorite Christmas combo at the moment–red, lime and sky blue.

We'd love it if you'd add it to our Simply Handmade Flickr group!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

I LOVE it!! Will you make me one?