Wednesday, April 28, 2010

sewing

I've been sewing. I bought THIS cute pattern off MADE (my favorite craft blog) and ran right out to get some elastic thread so I could use the pattern. It's so fun!!! Go buy some elastic thread-- you won't regret it.

This is the first dress attempt I made. Cute.... but no where close to fitting Quinn. Maybe when she's 6?? oops.

Then my second attempt... VERY cute, but she says it's 'too tight.' We tried it on over another outfit, but I'm afraid even with just one undershirt it might be too snug. I was trying not to make it too big. I would say I succeeded. Maybe one of you have a baby girl this would fit???

My third attempt-- for ME. (it's been a while since I've sewn myself something). The skirt selection in my closet hasn't been updated or even added to for YEARS. (Except maybe a maternity skirt or 2). I will probably make at least 2 more of these for myself. It was so easy!!! I just made it up, but if anyone is interested I can tell you how I figured out how big to make it. And maybe I'll even model it for you and take a picture. Maybe :)

I got this red fabric for $3/yard at Joann's.... what steal, huh?

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

you are amazing. these are so cute. i gotta get with the program here and learn from the master. (thats you, btw) haha.

cc said...

I've been meaning to ask you if you knew of any good maternity skirt patterns. There just aren't any good options out there (that are long enough for me), and I'd love to find some fun fabric and just do my own. Skirts aren't hard, are they?!

Cute dresses, btw... too bad they don't fit.

Mom said...

Wow! Great sewing projects- SO cute! You should show me how to do that.

kelsey said...

very cute-- everything. i was thinking, "please, it hasn't been YEARS, cause you wore a skirt you made to norah's blessing. . ." then i remembered that norah just turned two, then i cried a little. . . lol.

i might know someone who is having a tiny girl soon. . . but that dress looks super long! and norah is bigger than quinn, i'm pretty sure.

Leslie said...

So cute!! It was just the other day that you were telling me about this and now you have already sewn 4 things off the pattern!!! You're crazy! When I get back in 3 weeks, I'll send you my patterns if you send me yours!!

The Thomsons said...

hey,
you might need to tell me how to make those, and do thet have any more of that fabric? We are having a family Luau and I thought it would be so cute for Aleah and her cousin to have matching dresses and those would be perfect!