Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chicago

okay... i think this is the last of the pictures from the trip. We spent the last two days of our trip in Chicago. My brother Daine and his wife, Amanda live there. my parents, and Julie's family came as well, so we stayed in a hotel. it was a fun and busy couple of days in the city!

here's everyone minus my parents and kids. My parents were nice enough to watch the kiddos so the rest of us could spend some time downtown without struggling with strollers and kids on the train and crowds. it was so fun to have a chance to get out for that long without the kids! especially since it takes so long to get anywhere and do anything.

amanda and a Lego man

me and a Lego Woody

Eating authentic Chicago pizza at Geno's East. good pizza, but it took seriously over an hour to get our pizza. good thing the kids weren't there. I wasn't even patient enough to wait that long :)

me: happy to be surrounded by lots and lots of candy in an 8 level Macy's.

super crazy ceiling (Also in Macy's)

me and Dave-- waiting for a train
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5495337459390410994" />
hanging out in our hotel. the little x-man staying up late with us and being happy about it.

why shouldn't he be happy? we were handing him chips from our take-out.


daine and Amanda's sweet apartment

me and Quinn on the roof of Daine's apartment. Sweet view. But it was HOT

walking through the zoo

hendrix getting to know uncle Daine

Grandpa showing Quinn some apes

and one last picture of Hendrix in the hotel.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It's so fun to go back through the photos. That was a great collection of pictures. I remember the hot day at the zoo. (I think I'm still sweating from it).