Friday, March 12, 2010

redecorated family room!!!

We've been redecorating our downstairs. This was the best 'before' shot of the family room. The accent wall was brown--now it's orange!!

Quinn helped with the artwork

some wall art that I made (surprise huh? dave's usually makes most of our artwork) you can find the tutorial HERE. this is it in progress:

the finished product:

ta-da! this is the family room with new paint, furniture rearranged, new throw pillows, new art, and new rug

as a birthday present for Dave, his brother CHRIS framed that orange painting that we've had up for a while. It makes such a great difference!! thanks chris!

we finally got some stools for our island. i got a GREAT deal off craigslist... I almost still can't believe it.

There is one wall that didn't make any pictures because we aren't done. we are doing a collection of photos and a new painting above the couch, but we haven't collected the pictures or hung anything up yet... so you'll have to wait for that. or come over in 2 weeks :)

the blue number pillow in the after picture was pottery-barn inspired. you can see their version HERE
and on a VERY SAD NOTE... my sewing machine is BROKEN!!!! what am i going to do?? there is one more #2 pillow in the works (to match the #3 above). but as I was finishing off #3 I thought I broke my needle. but i didn't. the needle just wouldn't come up. I ended up breaking the needle to get the pillow out... but now I still can't get the needle up. any suggestions? i'm freaking out a little bit since the kid's birthday presents aren't sewn shut yet...

6 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Wow!! I love it!

cc said...

Wow, how fun and contemporary. And I love the "tile" art. Great job!

Mom said...

The room looks great! Tell Quinn she did a great job on the painting. Your orange wall looks just like mine in my downstairs guest room. I LOVE that pillow with the number on it. I love your picture Amber!! Dave;s getting a lot of competition with paintings from his girls. That painting looks great with the big black frame. So are you getting used to eating at the island now?

kelsey said...

and a new TV? ha. everything looks so good, i love the orange wall! nice job on the artwork, i'm super impressed by your mad skills!

The Thomsons said...

LOVE how the frame turned out! The orange looks awesome.... and I love craigslist! (That's where we got our stools!) :)

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

WOW, everything looks soooo great!!! Can't wait to see it person :-)