Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas

We put up the Christmas tree yesterday. I'm worse than a kid, I swear. But I figured Christmas is really only a month away, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying Christmas decorations for a whole month. Plus-- we aren't even having Thanksgiving here, so might as well skip to Christmas around here. The kids love it (Hendrix loves that there are now 20 balls hanging from the Christmas tree. when he reaches one he grabs it and THROWS it). I should have taken a picture of the kids in front of the tree, what was I thinking? I'll try to do it today. :) PLUS--it snowed yesterday, so it might as well be Christmas. I hate snow. Hopefully some pictures to come (and hopefully that doesn't include pictures of ME in the snow, I think I'll stay inside) :)

6 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

My tree is up too!!!

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

YOU hate snow? The road from us to my doctor is closed this morning so I have to skip my ultrasound appointment, and we're supposed to get 14 more inches by tomorrow! yuck. Anyway, I'm jealous your tree is up. Aaron put his foot down and I have to wait til after Thanksgiving :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oooooh! i am so jealous! i wish our tree was up... but since our apt is about 4 sq ft we don't have room for a real tree. we might get a tiny one (like 2 feet tall). we are having a blizzard over here tomorrow (so the weatherman says...) icky icky weather!!!

Mom said...

You're funny Amber! I'd like to see a video of Hendrix throwing the Christmas bulbs. I'd put my tree up if I had time. I did do my grocery shopping today so I am making some progress. How much snow do you have? We are getting it this Thursday or Friday.

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

I love it! I tried to find a station that plays Christmas music but didn't succeed.

So, that skirt is layers of tulle sewn onto satin. I'm about to make one with cotton instead of satin and I'm sure it will turn out just as well. You can come over if you want.

Mom said...

Aren't you from Michigan? You're supposed to be tougher about the snow. Can't say I like it all that well either. I like to look at it from indoors while sipping hot chocolate. I might put my tree up tomorrow.