Monday, November 08, 2010

Utah trip

I just got back from a FUN girl's weekend in Salt Lake. It was a quick trip--we left Friday afternoon, and left Salt Lake Sunday morning. I'm glad it wasn't any longer though, I was feeling pretty anxious to get back home to see my kids (and Dave). It was the first time I've EVER been gone over night since I've had Quinn. And since I hardly ever even get a babysitter, it was a big deal for me to leave for that long!!! It was so fun though. A weekend full of eating and shopping-- and what's better than that??

Here's me right after we got to Utah. We spent Friday even at the outlets in Park City-- SO fun.


The main reason for wanting to take the trip was to go to IKEA. I got lots of stuff-- I'll take pictures after Dave gets it all put together.

Here are the friends that made the trip with me. Des on the left, Amy on the right.

Dave's sister, Krystal, lives in Salt Lake, so she got to spend the weekend with us too.

I ALSO got to spend an evening with some of my friends from Michigan. It was SUPER fun to see them- it had been a long time since I've seen any of them. Me on the left, Jessica, Sarah, and Lindsey

We also went to Tai Pan. So between the outlet mall, IKEA, Tai Pan, and our luggage, we were STUFFED on the way home. It's a miracle we fit every thing in my Durango.

These are amazingly ALL the pictures I took on my trip. I think I took more pictures of my kids within the first 30 minutes of being home than I did all weekend. I'll post of those later.
It was an experience to leave my kids. I did well until Saturday afternoon (other than all the tears spilt at my leaving), then I was ready to get home. Dave did awesome being mr. mom though. He even showed me up. I got home and the kids were well rested, fed, happy, and the house was TOTALLY clean. seriously. he had even done a load of laundry and folded it. What?? I don't know how he did it-- he's amazing. Thanks to Dave and all my friends for my fun last-hurrah before baby #3.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

It was so fun to get together! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Glad you had a fun time, I heard you got lots of stuff at IKEA :-) Way to go Dave!!!

kelsey said...

um. . . why wasn't I invited?

Lindsey said...

That shot of the back of your Durango made me laugh. You guys were a tad cramped! I'm so glad that we made a Michiganders get together happen - those are becoming too few and far between. It was so good to see you after all these years of blog-only connections. Have fun building all those shelves...

The Thomsons said...

Hooray for shopping!! Glad you had fun!

Visit Park City said...

We are glad you came to visit and even more happy you all had such a great time. Please share the photos when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT. We hope to see you again soon!

Mom said...

Dave rocked at the Mr. Mom thing. It was great to see the GR girls! I hope you had a wonderful time. I missed you cause we didn't talk together much while you were gone. Good luck assembling everything.