Monday, November 15, 2010

Craft day

we had a fun day today!! I had three of my favorite girls over (and their kids).

Quinn was a little out-numbered. FIVE boys-- and her. She didn't seem to mind. Kind of cute that I kept finding her reading books to someone.


we got together to make these. Sorry for those of you who are getting one for christmas-- I just ruined the surprise. They are flowers to pin to your shirt/coat/bag. But cute huh?-- this was Kara and my stash after we were done. Not too bad. :) I've been wearing one of these flowers pinned to my shirt for a few weeks. Dave has a tendency to make fun of me: "Flower AGAIN today, huh Am?" But I think secretly he likes them.

If you want to make one for yourself-- I used THIS tutorial. And just added a flower of tulle to every piece of wool/fabric before glueing

9 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

ooooh! i hope i get one for christmas!!! :)

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Well even though I didn't make any flowers, it was still fun to come over and have the kiddos play :-) Thanks again for having us!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Dude...you are Super-Blogger-Mom!!! I'm always so impressed at how you stay so caught up on your blog.

I had fun today! Thanks for having us over and letting my boys play. I came home and finished five flowers during their naps and was GIDDY about them!!! I'm gonna do a few more tonight before bed. And you and Kara went to town! Nice work!!! :)

Mom said...

Wow! Such cute flowers.

cc said...

Super cute flowers! My sister is making something similar (I think, i haven't seen them) for us all to wear for my mom's wedding at Christmas. I love a little frill.

Lindsay said...

those flowers are so cute!! i think im going to make some as hair bows for cailin. obviously they will be smaller.

kelsey said...

hey i just learned how to make these on thursday!

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

I just want you to know that just now Jade looked at our baby countdown and said "Quinn is having a baby too!" So I clicked on your blog and said do you mean this quinn? And she said "Yes, Quinn's my best friend. I can't wait to see her". haha. So I guess we have to make more of an effort to get together!

Sarah Keller said...

You gave me one and I wore it to church with my red sweater. I got 3 compliments on the sweater...which I have had for like 10 years and never had a compliment on it before. So, they liked the flower! Thanks! Sarah