Saturday, April 07, 2012

first week

What a busy week!!! 
My folks left this morning. :( sad, sad, sad. Here are the highlights from the week:

1.  The dishwasher is broken. Not only is this place chaos already, but now we've had to hand wash everything all week. Super frustrating. It was supposed to take 72 hours to hear from the repair place. I called Wednesday morning. I really hope to hear something soon. I hate washing dishes.

2. We finally have a table!!! It was a little bit of a miracle actually. Dave and I know what we like-- design wise. And we searched and searched for a dining table/chairs that we liked. We finally found one online at West Elm and were going to go to the store to get it yesterday. We stopped at IKEA first to get a part for Quinn's new bed. While we were at IKEA, we called West Elm and just about gave the lady our credit card # to hold the table for us, when we dropped the call. We decided to call back when we were out of the store. But on our way out we found another table that we LOVE that was WAY cheaper. And to think- if we hadn't of dropped the call, we would have already committed to a more expensive table! 

3. We've been putting together a LOT of furniture. Or should I say-- my dad and Dave have been putting together a lot of furniture. Quinn's bed, a huge toy shelf for the 'playroom,' benches, three bookshelves, two chairs, a high chair. And we have more. Darn IKEA has to put everything in 200 pieces. 

4. We already have a  visitor!! Uncle Paul drove all the way here from Idaho-- on a motorcycle! Crazy, huh? But if he can do it, so can you. Come on over :)

5. Quinn hasn't adjusted very well to sharing a room. She refuses to go to sleep in there at bedtime (Veda is already asleep, so she just has to walk in and lay down.) Instead, she screams and kicks and won't do it. So we've been letting her fall asleep on our bed, then we carry her into her room when we go to sleep. Then sometimes in the middle of the night she finds her way back to our bed, but last night she didn't. So there's improvement! And I didn't expect her to adjust right away, she'll get it. And thank heavens that this week Veda has been sleeping through the night (last week she wasn't all week).

6. Crate and Barrel outlet is like heaven on earth. Seriously. I love it. 

7. We close on our Idaho house TODAY!!!! woo hoo!!!! Finally sold that sucker.

8. We are not even close to being unpacked. It is still just crazy crazy in here. Yet I find the time to blog-- you're welcome :)

And a few pictures, since that's the good part.



8 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oh man i know it's crazy right now but it sounds like such a FUN adventure!!! can't wait to see more pics! i want to see your cool new table! congrats on a great find :)

Anonymous said...

You rock to have blogged twice already. I'd love to see pictures of your furniture and "decor" when you have the time. :) So glad to hear you closed on your house here. Such a blessing . . . . whoo hoo!

Glad you are staying super busy.

Love,
Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

You rock to have blogged twice already. I'd love to see pictures of your furniture and "decor" when you have the time. :) So glad to hear you closed on your house here. Such a blessing . . . . whoo hoo!

Glad you are staying super busy.

Love,
Gabrielle

kelsey said...

I love blogs. I feel bad for Quinn. . . as I listen to the crazies in the other room. . . and it's 8:45!!!!!!!!!!!! Gah. They were separated for a few weeks in Star Valley, and now it's chaos. Good luck with that.

I'm sending all of my unpacking vibes to you. I'm done with them.

Thanks for blogging, love the picture of Hendrix on the motorcycle!

Megan said...

One other thing we did with the boys that my work with Quinn. We gave them 1 bedtime ticket at bedtime. If they get out, make noise etc they lose their ticket. Once they collect 10 tickets they got a pizza and icecream party. Good Luck!

Mom said...

I bet Hendrix LOVES that motorcycle! Thanks for letting us come. I had so much fun with those cute kids! I miss you guys already. Happy unpacking!

Julie said...

I LOVE the look on X's face as he's sitting on the motorcycle!!!! Glad y'all made it to TX and are settling in (a little chaos right now is normal!).

Lindsay said...

glad you all made it safe and sound to austin. can't wait to see the house all put together and rockin. you are so good at that. and look at you, blogging even through the business of moving. i love ikea. we have one thats about an hour and a half away and wish it were closer. if i could i'd furnish my whole house with ikea. good luck on unpacking!!!