What a busy week!!!
My folks left this morning. :( sad, sad, sad. Here are the highlights from the week:
1. The dishwasher is broken. Not only is this place chaos already, but now we've had to hand wash everything all week. Super frustrating. It was supposed to take 72 hours to hear from the repair place. I called Wednesday morning. I really hope to hear something soon. I hate washing dishes.
2. We finally have a table!!! It was a little bit of a miracle actually. Dave and I know what we like-- design wise. And we searched and searched for a dining table/chairs that we liked. We finally found one online at West Elm and were going to go to the store to get it yesterday. We stopped at IKEA first to get a part for Quinn's new bed. While we were at IKEA, we called West Elm and just about gave the lady our credit card # to hold the table for us, when we dropped the call. We decided to call back when we were out of the store. But on our way out we found another table that we LOVE that was WAY cheaper. And to think- if we hadn't of dropped the call, we would have already committed to a more expensive table!
3. We've been putting together a LOT of furniture. Or should I say-- my dad and Dave have been putting together a lot of furniture. Quinn's bed, a huge toy shelf for the 'playroom,' benches, three bookshelves, two chairs, a high chair. And we have more. Darn IKEA has to put everything in 200 pieces.
4. We already have a visitor!! Uncle Paul drove all the way here from Idaho-- on a motorcycle! Crazy, huh? But if he can do it, so can you. Come on over :)
5. Quinn hasn't adjusted very well to sharing a room. She refuses to go to sleep in there at bedtime (Veda is already asleep, so she just has to walk in and lay down.) Instead, she screams and kicks and won't do it. So we've been letting her fall asleep on our bed, then we carry her into her room when we go to sleep. Then sometimes in the middle of the night she finds her way back to our bed, but last night she didn't. So there's improvement! And I didn't expect her to adjust right away, she'll get it. And thank heavens that this week Veda has been sleeping through the night (last week she wasn't all week).
6. Crate and Barrel outlet is like heaven on earth. Seriously. I love it.
7. We close on our Idaho house TODAY!!!! woo hoo!!!! Finally sold that sucker.
8. We are not even close to being unpacked. It is still just crazy crazy in here. Yet I find the time to blog-- you're welcome :)
And a few pictures, since that's the good part.