Thursday, December 09, 2010

cooking corn


my mom made Hendrix this 'boy' chef set a few months ago (so he didn't have to keep wearing Quinn's flowery one). She asked me for a picture of him in the whole outfit and I FINALLY took some pictures of him in it.

he played with this corn for a while. and boy are my shelves a mess. I need someone to come help me decorate my house. anyone?

sharing the corn with Quinn

zooming the corn down the ramp




AND SOME BABY BEDDING!!! this was quite the labor of love. These crib rail protectors aren't 'hard' really, just take some time. Plus they are large, which is something I don't really love to do. I made two-- thinking that we might put the crib in the corner and have both sides showing. Don't mind all the things we are hiding in the crib at the moment to keep Hendrix's hands off them.

and next time one of you thinks I'm some sort of super crafty person-- i want you to remember this-- these buttons are GLUED on. haha... I still can't believe I did that. the thought of eight button holes made me depressed. so the whole thing is attached with velcro (and the velcro is hidden by the buttons). and look at those cute buttons!!! (I had to paint them, but they were worth it).


and by the way--- crib rail protectors are just to protect your crib when you have a teething baby who wants to chew the paint off your crib rails. or in our case-- to cover up where our baby chewed the paint off :)

5 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for this post Amber. Hendrix looks cute in the chef outfit. I could have saved some money just buying him a cob of corn for Christmas. That crib rail protector is SOOO cute!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i love that idea!!!! and i still think you ARE crafty!

The Thomsons said...

velcro is what I'm talking about! I'm diggin the grey.

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Cute pics Am- love the crib and rail protector, super cute and you are very crafty :-)

kelsey said...

love the gray and white. it is going to look so great all pulled together, I can't wait for the other little things you have up your sleeve for this room!