Thursday, December 23, 2010

Quiet book!!!

Here is the finished quiet book for the little man for Christmas. My plan was to have them open their gift from me on Christmas Eve-- so I am definitely cutting it close. But it's done!!! I have plans to make a couple more pages, but we'll see if I ever get to it.

The cover. Why a number 6?? no reason. It was on the front of a shirt that Dave was getting rid of and I thought it was cute. And since I had no great ideas for the cover, here it is.



THanks mom and Chelsey for the tree idea. I was going to do two trees-- one like this and one with apples, but I never got to the apple page :)


The number page was the last page I did. I was a little burned out by this point. THanks Hollie-- this was kind of your idea! I just thought that shapes would be easier than a hand. And it was definitely my fastest page.

The gromets and key rings to assemble the book (while a pain) was SO MUCH better than how Quinn's quiet book was constructed. I'm just glad that Dave was home to help me with the key rings.


And some more pictures of the book in action since it was such a labor of love to make this sucker.





I sure hope he likes it. And if not-- I already know Quinn does since she has been playing with it for weeks :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

If the kids don't play with it, I will when I come over. You are a crafty genius. It really turned out cute!

Lindsay said...

so cute. i want to be like you.

kelsey said...

so cute. I can't believe you thought of so many different things. I would have quit after one page. . .