Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas morning

a few pictures from Christmas morning. Although we avoided Quinn being sick on Christmas morning, Hendrix wasn't as fortunate. Poor boy was up all Christmas Eve with a horrible cold. Opening presents took a LONG time since we had to stop half way through to have him take a nap. He's actually still sick... he can't seem to catch a break (or I can't) :)

Quinn was totally caught up in the magic of Christmas this year. It was so fun. She was so excited about Santa and reindeer and singing Christmas songs. Yet still young and humble enough that she asked Santa for a coloring book (which she got like...10??) I can't help myself.

Hendrix's new prized possession... this book full of cars and trucks and trains.

The chaos

snuggling the sick baby

Aunt Julie got Hendrix these huge blocks for Christmas. They've been a hit-- even with the parents. (Dave obviously built this)

I don't know if any of you remember the Christmas advent I made a couple of years ago? But this year Quinn either got a little treat, or a craft to do that day. Here's her collection of crafts that we did (the photo one she made at preschool)


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I am so grateful for this fun time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

4 comments:

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Cute pics Am, you guys can't catch a break :(
Hope everyone feels better soon!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

really? every year one of your kids is sick at christmas!!! how crummy!!! looks like you had an enjoyable day nonetheless!!! i bet christmas gets more and more fun the older your kids get.
and you look amazing!!! you can't even tell you are pregnant in those pictures. geez, if only i was so lucky!!!! :)

Mom said...

Can I come over and play with the blocks? Christmas is so fun with little ones. I wish we were together for Christmas always. I hope the new year brings perfect health for all of you.

cc said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick! Such a crazy time of year. I hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

We got those blocks for the girls one year, and we were up all night building them! :)