Sunday, May 09, 2010

the best mom ever. srsly.

Just so you're not confused, this is Dave (Didn't want you all to think Am was too self-centered). For this Mother's Day, we (the kids and I) wanted to post a few reasons why we love you, the best mom ever:



Dave:

  • You are beautiful

  • You've given me beautiful children

  • You can't dance

  • You've turned Quinn into a morning-talking-monster

  • You work hard to make dinner every night

  • And those dinners are delicious

  • Your guacamole is killer

  • You suffer through most of my crazy/weird/boring indie movies

  • You make Hendrix belly laugh

  • You have really nice teeth. REAL nice ones

  • Your kid-like enthusiasm for getting presents and/or treats

  • Our kids love you

  • You look good in EVERYTHING

  • You got me to wax my eyebrows

  • You convinced me to get a tattoo

  • (that last one was a joke mom, and mother-in-law)

  • You love to sew

  • You make me appear cooler

  • You're good at Quinn's puzzles

  • I couldn't imagine life without you

  • You make me turkey bacon so I'm healthy but still get to eat bacon

  • You crack me up

  • You tell me I look tough

  • I get to show you off at parties

  • Your face

  • You love me even when I'm crazy





Quinn:

  • You let me play in the sandbox

  • You read me books tirelessly. Lots and lots of books. Seriously, so many

  • You made me the greatest present ever - my bean bag

  • You taught me how to dance

  • You buy me the cutest clothes (and on sale)

  • You give me your pizza crusts

  • You peel my grapes

  • You made me beautiful like you

  • You make me noodles

  • You take me to the park

  • You dance while I sing during our clean up parties

  • Did I mention the bean bag?

  • You cuddle while we watch movies

  • You love me even when I'm crazy





Hendrix:

  • You're the only one that can make my owies better

  • You make me pot roasts. Delicious pot roasts

  • You feed me before you eat

  • You cuddle me

  • You make my hair look saweet

  • You're cuter than daddy

  • You tickle my belly

  • You buy me the coolest kicks

  • You keep my undergarments fresh and clean

  • You fold 1 ton of my laundry every week

  • You even like my slobbery kisses

  • You love me enough to give me treats (sometimes)

  • When you're not carrying me on your left hip, you carry me on your right hip

  • These good looks come mostly from you

  • You love me even when I'm crazy


Mommy, we love you!!! (yes, that's 3 exclamation marks) Thanks for all your love and sacrifice. You're our favorite mommy. And the best mom ever. srsly.

6 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Awwww! This is super cute! And, I agree...Amber is the best mom ever! Happy Mothers Day Amber!

kelsey said...

oh gosh dave, i just laughed so hard. what an awesome post.
happy mother's day am, you do make beautiful babies, and i also love your face! lol.
the tattoo comment was the best. and the turkey bacon.

Mom said...

That was a wonderful post Dave. You continue to be clever and humorous.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY AMBER! You're the best Mom ever to my cute grandbabies. I love you all (that's southern talk).

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

What a sweet post Dave!!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day Amber, you deserve it!!!

valerie said...

Oh so tender and funny and seriously creative! Way to go Dave, I am actually a little teary as I read that, sniff. That is the perfect gift right there, just explaining the everday things that make her SPECIAL! aw. :)

Clint said...

Wow Davey... that was really thoughtful and stuff, I think I kinda have a crush on you now...