Thursday, May 20, 2010

sewing for lucy and Hendrix

It was only a matter of time before this happened:


(and although the hem of Quinn's skirt looks crooked, and Lucy looks cross-eyed, neither are that way)

A couple months ago my mother-in-law loaned me her serger. When she brought it to me, she also gave me a bag of knit fabric.... in that bag was this amazingly cute blue striped knit. (and a whopping 3 yards of it). I've been itching to make something with it, but haven't known what to make. Hendrix has started to be cute with blankies--you know, rubbing his face in them, carrying them around while sucking on his finger etc, so I decided to make him another blankie.

one side is a super soft grey fleece. The funny thing is that I didn't even use the serger on this (Even though I use it on almost everything else I sew now). and I was worried that it would stretch funny or be hard to sew a knit and a fleece together, but it wasn't!! it sewed together great-- you should try it :)

ps. THANKS Cheryl, for loaning me your serger AND the SUPER cute knit fabric. I can't wait to make something else with it!

7 comments:

cc said...

Cute stuff. I am officially cursed when it comes to using a serger. I was with my skirt making group today and the two times I tried to serge something, the needle came completely unthreaded. Super embarrassing.

Mom said...

Good job you creative genius!

Mom said...

I forgot to mention- those skirts are so cute. I love that colorful fabric. How did you get Lucy to look cross-eyed for the picture??

The Thomsons said...

I love how the doll kind of looks like Quinn. Cute!

Lindsay said...

oh, and whats a serger?

Lindsay said...

that first picture is so funny cuz the first thing i thought was, "wow, that doll is cross-eyed". haha. anyway, glad to know she really isn't and what cute stuff you make.

Leslie said...

Dude, that is exactly what a serger is for, to sew materials like that together! If you thought it was easy on your regular machine-- it would have been a snap on the serger. I'm home now, so I'll send you the patterns... if you send me yours!!