Thursday, February 10, 2011

letters

Dear precious baby,
Thank you for turning over. I am so glad that you are head-down now and you don't have to be cut out of my belly. Please stay head down. Can't wait to meet you. Literally... I can't wait. And I forgive you in advance for the misery I am feeling now. I know it will be worth it once I see you sweet face.
Love, Mommy

Dear chiropractor,
Thank you for the hip adjustments I've been having the past week that probably have a lot to do with my baby no longer being breech. You are the best.
Thanks, Amber

Dear O.B.
As a doctor, you really should reconsider taking vacations-- EVER. Especially around the time when one of your patients is due to have a baby. And ESPECIALLY on the exact date when you could induce this specific patient. Thanks for being so kind when this patient started bawling her eyes out. It was sweet of you to not judge her emotional mess.
Thanks,
Amber

Dear Dave,
Thanks for having patience with your crazy wife. You are sweet to deal with her tears and emotional ups and downs. You are the best husband ever. You have been much too positive during all of this- it makes me look bad :)
Love, Am

Dear Mom,
It looks like we're gonna have time after you get here to go shopping and go to Cheesecake Factory after all. And I'm so happy that you'll be here to stay with the kids when I have the baby--it makes things much easier!! I was really hoping to have the baby before you got here, but since there is now little hope of that, we'll have to enjoy the few days after you get here before the baby does!!
Love, Am

Dear brownie mix,
Where are you when I need you? I really need some brownies today...
Love, Am

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Dear am,

oh NO!! remember i told you that on saturday?... that our dr scheduled a vaca for my due date too AND a week past my due date. I am so sorry! that is the worst feeling. i cried and cried and CRIED but luckily i was able to hold jax in til she got back :)

i am so glad veda finally turned for you. she is already an obedient little girl! good for you!!!

if i lived closer, i would bring over a big pan of brownies for you.
xo

Mom said...

Did the brownies respond to your letter? Thanks for the wonderful messages. And don't give up hope. We will somehow make it to Cheesecake Factory or least I can get it to go and we can eat it at the hospital:) I'm good at makin' do with what's available.