Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt

I dd a little scavenger hunt for the kiddos today. I know it's not Valentine's until tomorrow, but I didn't think we'd have time tomorrow since our dinner/bath/bedtime schedule is pretty tight.

Quinn has been super excited since I told her we were going to do a scavenger hunt. It was pretty cute to watch her excitedly find the clues.

"That way Quinn!!"

I just drew simple pictures of where the next clue was (then wrote a clue too if she needed help since I'm no artist...)

Hendrix liked pretending to help, but mostly just ran after Quinn while she found the clues




She finally found the presents!! (Don't worry-- that big bag of beef jerky wasn't for Hendrix, it was for Dave) :)



poor little Hendrix got a little gypped-- good thing he is so little he didn't notice. He got a little baggie of treats (Which he DEVOURED in one sitting). I was going to get him something else at Target after my shower this week, but I didn't end up going, so he only got his treats. The sweet boy was perfectly happy with the candy :)

6 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

oh so cute!!!! you are such a good mom!

Mom said...

Copy Cat - We did scavenger hunts when you were little. But maybe just for Easter. Looks like the kids had a blast. Maybe Hendrix will get some Valentine surprises tomorrow. HAPPY VALENTINES KELLERS!!

Lindsey said...

That is a really fun idea. And since I still have NOTHING planned for Vday, I just may have to use your idea! Except I may have to scrounge up household items for prizes...

I really like the QU-INN and HEN-DRIX artwork on the wall behind them in one of the pics. I don't think I've seen a post about those! (Unless I missed it). Anyway, love them.

Lindsay said...

best. mom. ever. you rock. i can't wait til cailin is old enough to do stuff like this for her. so fun!!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

What a fun idea Am....there you go being all creative again and making the rest of us look bad :-) JK....looks like you had a fun time. Hope you had a nice V-Day!

Mom said...

I guess my comments didn't come through on some of these posts. I said something like... I remember doing the scavenger hunts when you were little but mostly for Easter. Looks like Quinn had a blast doing this one.