Friday, June 18, 2010

sewing for the kids

I love to sew for my kids (obviously). Hendrix has decided that he loves anything with a tag on it. He holds onto a tag with one hand, sucks on his finger and goes to sleep. I find him walking around with his finger in his mouth anytime he finds a tag. He's even taken a nap with a towel bib because he found it right before nap time and didn't want to part with it. I decided to make him a taggie-- so he wouldn't drag his nice blankie around everywhere, getting it dirty, tripping on it. But... he wanted NOTHING to do with it. I'd hand it to him and he would throw it on the floor and shake his head no. ha...

Until this morning.

And Quinn as needed a new friend DESPERATELY. The first one I made, Daisy, got way too much love and she was made out of off white fleece (my first mistake). So the second one I made, Eloise, I made from gray fleece, which was WAY better. Except Quinn sweats a LOT when she sleeps and I can't get Eloise to smell good for more than a couple days at a time. So Here is the latest 'friend,.' A mouse. And no name yet... she's thinking about naming her Susan. :)

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

cute mouse!!

Mom said...

I love the mouse and taggi blanket! But mostly I love that sleeping baby boy!!