Wednesday, June 02, 2010

babies grow up.... (maybe?)

Last night was rough. Quinn decided that she was ready for a big girl bed. So before bedtime, Dave turned her crib into a toddler bed. I knew this day was coming, but I still wasn't ready. Or ready for the emotions of seeing her crib now a toddler bed.

Here it is all transformed.

THEN, while Dave was putting Quinn to bed, I went to nurse Hendrix and put him to bed... except HE WOULDN'T NURSE. what??!!!! of course, I started bawling. Both babies growing up in one night??!! there have been times that Hendrix hasn't wanted to nurse before, but it's been because we are in public or there is too much going on, NEVER when it's right before bed. So i cried, then turned on the light to read him some books to fill up the nursing time.

So... having told those two sad tales, it turns out that they were both a fluke. Quinn was up 20 times in the night, and finally at 4 am asked to have her crib back (which I will happily oblige). Then Hendrix woke up this morning and nursed like normal. So... it looks like I'm going to make it. :)

8 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Oh sad night for you! Even if we've tried to prepare ourselves for things...it always seems to hit like a ton of bricks when it actually happens. I'm glad you are feeling a little better this morning. We are still battling the toddler bed thing with Carson. Such a nightmare!

Paul said...

Sounds like its almost time for #3!!

The Thomsons said...

just wait until they tell you to stop singing to you before bedtime...I used to sing them to sleep, but now they're like "no singing mommy!" it makes me soo sad!

No Big Dill said...

Amber! I love anything with orange, too! I'll have to do another orange bracelet giveaway...

Mom said...

That one even made me tear up. Babies do grow up and it's always emotional for Moms. Wait til first day of school- you'll need a whole box of kleenex. These changes are inevitable-- tonight or in a month or two. So get ready. Buy kleenex.

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

haha yay for no change! Of course one day that "fluke" will happen again and then it will turn out to be real. Maybe you were just being prepared for that day so it wont be so rough :) And then it will be time to have another one.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Awww! I seriously got a lump in my throat when I read that! I wish I could be promised that this will NEVER happen to my baby!!! I hate change so, so much! That's got to be one of the hardest things about being a Mom.

kelsey said...

you are hilarious. i would have had the same reaction--- to both. i am trying to keep norah in her crib as long as humanly possible, which may not be as long as quinn, since she is already trying to climb out. the nursing story may or may not have made me tear up a little, just remembering when norah quit!

JUST HAVE ANOTHER ONE!!!