Monday, September 06, 2010

big girl room and big belly

we worked on the 'big girl room' this weekend. we painted it a lovely yellow. It has turned into the new favorite room to play in. (just not the favorite room to sleep in) Quinn has yet to sleep in there, even though it's been ready for her to sleep in for 2 days.

Quinn's bean bag happens to match her new room nicely. Which is maybe we why we play in there-- the bean bag is the favorite.

the kiddos trying out the bed. Plus you can see her cute bedspread. We are basing the room off these colors. More pics of the room once we finish it. we still have some art work to create and put up. plus she still needs some shelves and a dresser (but i'm going to IKEA this fall, so hopefully we will finish it up then!)

some art that Quinn and I made for her room. Quinn is such a good little craft helper.

and..... my belly. this is actually a great picture of it.. when i imagine how my stomach looks, i envision it MUCH bigger.

I have a doctor appointment this week and we are hoping to find out what's in there. my doc already told me what she 'thinks' it is, but i was only 11 weeks, so i wasn't convinced. after we find out we can start working on the room for the new little baby. (and yes... we are painting over quinn's cute stripes in her baby room.. it's time).

9 comments:

Heather said...

Wait a second.... did I miss something?? Are you preggo?!

Kourtni said...

You look adorable!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Cute room :-) What belly??? You are tiny my friend. I want to know what you are having too :-)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

You are so tiny!!! I love pregnant amber! So cute!!! I like the bedspread and yellow walls... it's going to be a beautiful big girls room!

So what does the dr. 'think' it is??? twins? ha! :)

Lindsay said...

that is hardly a big belly. you're silly.

Mom said...

I really like the yellow color and the new bedspread. I LOVE the artwork. You scrawney thing. Unfortunately my belly is bigger than yours.

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Big belly??? Did I miss something...because you are freaking tiny!!! Wow. You look dang good. I'm so excited to hear what you're having. My guess is a boy. Just sayin'.

Leslie said...

I like the bedspread, we considered that one for Evie's room too. She will love her new room once she thinks it is HER idea to go sleep in there by herself. Good luck!

kelsey said...

are you even pregnant right now? i asked jake today how "pregnant" i look. . . ha. i think, we are close to the same right now (with me a little larger), funny how that works out!

i can't wait to see the finished room!