Thursday, September 09, 2010

boy or girl?

so.... we still don't know what we are having. Here's the longer story:
The o.b. I'm using this pregnancy does an ultrasound every visit. At my last appointment at 11 weeks my doctor told me that she thought we were having a boy. She showed me in-between the legs and sure enough-- it looked like something was there. After she showed me that she told me at least 5 times that I was ONLY 11 weeks, and it's too early to know for sure.
The crazy thing, is that if I had to guess, I'd guess I'm having a girl. We don't really care what we are having, especially since we've been blessed with one of each. But a guess is a guess.
So I had another appointment today, and thought if she saw something again, I would definitely believe her. Especially since I'm now 15 weeks (which is still on the early side, I know). So today she asked me again when she started the ultrasound if we wanted to know what we are having. I said "YES!!" and told her that last time she had guessed that it was a boy. My doctor kind of laughed and said that was pretty brave of her to say especially since she saw nothing between the legs today. But then pointed out how the legs were crossed and she wasn't getting a good view. So.... the jury's still out. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.. I REALLY want to know. Especially since my mom is coming in a few weeks and she was going to help me with the nursery. bummer. I guess I'll have to wait until 20 weeks like most people. seeing the legs crossed on the ultrasound was pretty cute, but certainly didn't make my day. :)

6 comments:

cc said...

Bummer! Maybe a yellow ducky nursery? j/k ;) Hope s/he cooperates next time! We can't wait to hear what it is...

kelsey said...

okay, i was going to say. . . i didn't think you were far enough along yet! crazy. and crazy that she does an ultrasound every time!

tell your mom to stop coming all the time, it makes the rest of us with moms far away feel bad. . . lol.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

I bet it is a boy! How exciting! I found out at 12 weeks that Jaxy was a boy....so you never know!!! :) Can't wait to see you next week!

xoxo

Mom said...

Well it is cool that I will be there for your next appointment. Sorry you have to wait longer than you had thought.

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

If it makes you feel any better my doctor said he doesn't want to do the ultrasound until 22 weeks because the longer you wait the more accurate it is. And here I was with my hopes all up that I'd find out in 2 weeks. Oh well. It will go fast! I mean, look how old your kids are now :)

Leslie said...

Awh nuts, that is not fun to wait longer! Hopefully the doc will be REALLY sure next time!