Monday, September 06, 2010

car seat cover

We needed another car seat so Dave could drive Quinn to preschool on his way to work. Chris and Sarah loaned us one of theirs that they aren't using right now. (thanks guys). Not that this early 2000's sun-bleached plaid is horrible, I just decided to cover it anyway. For some reason I've always wanted to make a car seat cover.

before:

after: (and it will hopefully look even cuter once I finish the hot-pink shoulder straps I'm making)

and the good news? I got it out of my system. I never want to make one of these ever again :)

6 comments:

Natalie said...

that's cute. It's funny though that I've made one also, and I never want to do it again. They are a pain in the rear!

Mom said...

SOOO cute! Is that the IKEA fabric? Good job, Amber.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

It's soooo cute! Maybe one day you just might want to make another one ... for me :) If you ever need another car seat, let me know. We have an Eddie Bauer car seat that we are not using, and we have used it about 4 times, so it is basically brand new..... you are welcome to it!!

Leslie said...

You are crazy! A car seat cover! It looks awesome, but I can definitely see why you don't want to make another one ever! What time does her preschool start? How long does she go? How many days a week does she go? I want to know the details!

kelsey said...

i love it. you are daring, and i love it. nice job.

valerie said...

Oh I love it! Why is it that whenever I see your super fantastically wonderfully crafty projects, I become super incredibly jealous and long for that talent?! I haven't visited your blog in awhile and I swear I've missed too much! I am still in shock that you are prego!!! :)