Thursday, September 02, 2010

first day of preschool.

today was the big day. She woke up so excited. She was dressed with her backpack ON by 6 am. (thanks for the backpack Uncle Clint!)

all ready in her 'funky monkey' shirt that she picked out herself at the store.

she even walked up to the door ALL BY HERSELF. which is a huge step considering she used to make us stay in nursery for at least 20 minutes before she would let us leave (and that happened for almost a year and a half).

It was a huge success. She LOVED it. I think that snack time was her favorite (like mother like daughter). They learned about caterpillars today and the snack was a caterpillar made of grapes. On the way home she asked when she could go back. It will be well worth the drive to town twice a week to take her. I think she's in love.


While Q was at preschool Hendrix and I enjoyed some time at the park.
So blurry, yet so cute.


And check out those wet legs. Wet slides don't deter him at all. Good thing Aunt Sarah lives 2 minutes away from this park and let us throw them in the dryer :)

and yes.... I may have shed a few tears as Quinn walked up to leave me for preschool. But just a few.

7 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

That's my brave daughter to only shed a few tears. That's better than the buckets I would shed. That's darling how she was ready so early. The big smile of Hendrix made me laugh. What a cute kid! Quinn looked so proud and cute to be a big girl and go to preschool. I'm proud of her bravery also.

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Way to go Quinn! And way to go YOU! She looked pretty cute on her first day!

Is it very expensive? I'm just shopping around!

Leslie said...

Does she do preschool in Kuna or further "in-town"? That's so fun that she likes it! Evie had her orientation today and she starts on Tuesday, I'm more than a little nervous to see how it goes-- but you've given me hope. If Quinn likes it, maybe Evie will too!!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

wow! what a big girl!! i love her outfit!! her sandals are so cute!

cc said...

Yay Quinn! I'm glad it all went well.

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

YAY Quinn! So cute.

kelsey said...

she is way too grown-up. i hate it/love it at the same time!

p.s. i'm trying to catch up with comments. . . is this enough? lol.