Tuesday, January 18, 2011

sewing, stenciling, and praying

I sincerely hope that my baby girl has the cutest burp rags out of any of her friends. :)

I decided that the burp rags I made for Quinn weren't good enough anymore. ha. now that i've been sewing them for a couple of years I've perfected what I like. So I made a bunch. I actually felt almost guilty making them for her since I know SO MANY girls that are having babies. I feel like I should be sewing for them. But I stuck it out and made some for my own baby. She needs them too :)

I've experimented with minky lately. (i always back them with minky now. I used to use chenille, but I decided that they aren't nearly as soft). anyway-- the polka dot minky is nice and easy to sew, but i think my favorite is the striped minky. The one in the middle maybe isn't minky?? super soft, but maybe a little too thick. We'll see what I think of it after I she spews on them and I wash them a few times. (and on the front I always use flannel. I used to use cotton sometimes, but flannel has been my favorite!)

I made Quinn a new backpack for preschool. I didn't make the backpack-- I got it for 97 cents at Joann's-- but I freezer paper stenciled the owl on it. It was quite tricky actually. If you look closely you can see how I melted the white plastic border around the owl. oops. good thing it was only a buck. and good thing that Quinn LOVES it anyway and will never notice that I melted the plastic while trying to get the stencil on.

My sweet baby girl and her sweet daddy. how cute are they?

Quinn's prayer tonight: (I'm not changing this at all, I swear)

"dear Heavenly Father.
Thankful for this day.
Please bless that Hendrix will dance more.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

7 comments:

Liz said...

What type of material do you use for the front of the burp cloth? And which side absorbs all the spit-up? I think they are so adorable and would love to make some:)

The Thomsons said...

hooray for cute burp cloths! I'm glad you made some for yourself, seeing how you've been hosting all the babyshowers WHILE pregnant!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

ha! i love that prayer! so cute! and those burp rags are super cute! my FAVORITE burp rags are the ones you made us with the soft backing...hands down! they are THE BEST!!!

kelsey said...

I also decided I need new ones from Norah. . . hers are old. Next time, I'm going to make mine bigger though, so they cover my whole shoulder. Like a burp blanket. . . lol.

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

I love the backpack....I have been wanting one for Emery, good to know you can get one so affordable, now I just need the creativity part :-) Adorable prayer by Quinn :-)

Lindsay said...

such cute burp clothes. i still love mine. baby M or V will love them. and quinn's prayer is hilarious. what a cute girl.

Mom said...

Those burp rags are so cute that they should NOT be spit up on. Just frame them. OK, I don't see the "melt" on the backpack. Must be very mildly burned. Cute owl stencil. That prayer is SO cute and sincere. I do hope that Hendrix will dance more. If he does.... you know- faith building.