Saturday, September 17, 2011

soccer and crochet!

here's what we've been up to this weekend. since i'm sure you've all been on the edges of your seats waiting to see how we filled our time :) My nephew Caleb had a soccer game this morning. It was a beautiful morning and it was fun to watch him play. here's the whole gang that was there. (It starts with the cowboy hat and ends at the umbrella) .
Ellie got an mp3 player for her birthday and was nice enough to let Hendrix have a listen. He thought it was pretty cool. So cool, that he wouldn't even look at me since he was concentrating on listening to some tunes. (Sugarland, I'm sure).


I made my niece Ellie a shirt for her birthday. Turned out kind of fun. I did a combination of freezer paper stencils, and vinyl. 
Then later today everyone came over for dinner. Here is Hendrix busting up while playing with Caleb.
Sweet Miss V with Grandma and Grandpa.

And I've been crocheting! It's so fun. I saw the CUTEST hat at Art in the Park last week and thought that there was no reason that I couldn't make one! My sister sent me a book to teach yourself how to crochet, so I've been working my way through the projects (working my way up to making this hat I'm dreaming of for Veda). Here is a dish rag I made over the last couple of days. Have you ever seen such a beautiful dish rag? I just can't wait to stain it up.
Dave just got back from a SIX MILE RUN. I know, I know... it's super cool that I'm married to a runner now. He's amazing. I haven't run six miles in a row since my high school cross country days.

4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i haven't seen a crocheted dishrag in a LONG time!!! in fact, i think the only person that has them (that i know of) are my mom and grandma!!! :) that is SUPER rad! i love it!

Kelli @ The Turquoise Piano said...

Gosh you're cute! Hey, would you want to do a guest post tutorial on my blog? Anything crafty, if you want. Let me know.

Mom said...

I wish I could run even a mile. That's great that Dave can run six! Looks like you had a fun weekend with the Kellers. Very cute shirt you made Ellie and great crocheting. You are a genius!

Mom said...

My comment never came through..
Looks like great fun with cousins and G&G and great weather! I love seeing Hendrix crack up laughing :)
Wow, you crochet magnificently. Good job you crafty genius.