Friday, December 23, 2011

catch up

Here's Dave and I all dressed up to go our for our anniversary date. We were lucky to have some friends willing to come over and watch our kids. I can't wait to someday (hopefully) live by my parents so I'll have someone to watch my kids. Finding a babysitter can be a nightmare.
 I know I'm cutting to close this year. But I finally finished X and V's Christmas gifts from me.

(for Veda's owl-- I used some old sleepers/clothes for some of the fabric. The purple sleeper happened to have this cute little pocket that says mommy and me. So I added it to the back)
And keeping with Keller Christmas Tradition-- all my kids decided to get sick. Here's my poor sweet sick boy. (snuggling with the monkey and super power guy I made him. There's hope for the silly looking robot I made him).
Since the kiddos are sick, we decided to take them to a candy store (of course). It seemed like a Christmas-y thing to do and we don't want to waste the season. And it took our minds off of runny noses and wheezy lungs for a couple hours.
Veda is hopefully going to be all better tomorrow. She seemed a lot better today. So hopefully the other two kids will be all better by Christmas morning. And thank heavens they aren't throwing up. Quinn has spent TWO of her four Christmases so far throwing up.
Before I wrapped the robot and owl I let Veda see the robot (not the owl, I didn't want to spoil the surprise of course). I don't know that I've ever seen her so enthusiastic about anything. I hope she likes her owl just as much.
 Seriously-- she hugged and slobbered all over it and squealed with delight.
I wish you all a very merry Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

bummer! i hope your kids get better quick!! it's no fun to be sick for christmas!! i LOVE your sweater, btw! super cute!

Mom said...

I LOVE that picture of Veda hugging the robot. Your projects turned out SO cute! I'm so sure the kids will love them. You are a wonderful Momma to make something homemade for the kids. It shows you love them enough to spend the time to make something. I hope you had fun on your date!

Julie said...

You sew the cutes stuff Ambie! Hope everyone is healthy again soon!

Mom said...

So did Veda love her new owl?