Tuesday, December 27, 2011

random Christmas stuff

wow. i don't even know where to start. My house looks like a bomb (or two) went off. Christmas stuff is half packed away... the other half is crazily strewn about my house. My dishes are stacked up the sink. I'm trying to majorly clean stuff out so when packing for the move starts things won't be 'as' crazy. And here I am doing a blog post. The mess will wait for me, right? :)

Here's Quinn and me with the blanket I made her for Christmas.
 We have protected the Christmas tree all season from Veda by putting the ottoman in between the gap between the couches. It worked well... but sometimes we would forget and a little baby would sneak in. Look at that cute little foot.
 Christmas morning was fun and magical. Kids make Christmas awesome. Quinn is so sweet and easy to please. She loved everything she got-- and also loved everything that Hendrix and Veda got.
 Christmas morning chaos. I tried really hard to keep up with the trash since Veda puts everything in her mouth. This was me keeping up with it... I obviously did a lousy job. Wrapping paper can't be that bad for you, right?
 Hendrix spilled his thing of mini m&m's more than once.
 We spent some time with Chris and Sarah. Here's Veda at their house. Looking Christmas-y
 And handing out hugs to cousins.
Hendrix got a paper jams guitar from my sister. It's definitely his favorite new toy. He plays it ALL day. Santa brought him a mini digital drum set too-- so we can have a family band :)
My sweet husband got me a pair of THESE. I've wanted some for a while, but I had no idea that he was getting me some :)
Now back to the grind. Dave at the office again and me un-digging ourselves after the weekend.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that adorable shiny skirt Veda is wearing! And I'm so glad X liked his guitar! :)

Mom said...

I LOVE seeing Christmas morning pictures. It makes me feel less far away.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i am so glad you had such a great christmas! if you need help packing let me know! i can't imagine how stressed out you are right now!!!!

p.s. i LOVE quinn's christma pjs. super cute!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Thanks for giving me something to read when I want to sit down and "de compress". Loved the post. Especially the 1st paragraph . . ."Wow. i don't even know where to start. My house looks like a bomb (or two) went off. Christmas stuff is half packed away... the other half is crazily strewn about my house. My dishes are stacked up the sink."

Ditto, it doesn't look much better here . . . I'm so busy and don't get much done. It's 10 pm and I'm way tired. :-) Glad Christmas was fun!!

Gabrielle