Wednesday, January 27, 2010

painting furniture

first of all, I am no expert in refinishing furniture!!!! But I've had a couple people ask me how I've refinished things lately, so I'll tell you all what I do, even though it might not be the best way to do it.
I've only primed one piece of furniture ever-- but it was the buffet table that I have right by my front door, (and also the first real furniture I'd ever done). I was worried about it getting scratched up because of where it was-- so I primed it. BUT IT WAS A PAIN!!!! so I've never primed anything since. I just buy high gloss or gloss laytex paint. I can tell a difference between cheap-o paint and more expensive paint, so I usually splurge on the more expensive paint just to save myself time in the number of coats that I do. and nope.... no sanding. I just paint. so there you are (Jaci :) good luck with whatever you are painting!!!

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Have you ever found a good spray paint or do you always brush paint?