Sunday, January 24, 2010

randoms from the weekend

we have a cat. no, not really. She's a stray. well, maybe she's not a stray, but we have lots of cats that come in our backyard because of the huge empty field behind our house. the kids LOVED seeing the cat, so we fed her a few times... so she wants to be fed every day. Hendrix squeals with delight whenever he sees her, it's kind of cute. and maybe since i would never agree to have a cat in the house, this is a safe way to go. we lovingly call her "Eloise." yes--- my dear friend, Katie Louise--kind of after you. Except that Quinn had a book with an Eloise in it, so Louise turned into Eloise. And Eloise can often be found by our sliding door waiting for some leftovers :)

we had a huge windstorm that knocked down a big chunk of our fence. darn.

she wore the dress today. and looked cute as a button

the kids looked cute sharing some pretend food in the playhouse today. hendrix was embarrassingly wearing a GIRL drool bib. i'm anti-drool bibs anyway, but he had a girl one on?? what was i thinking??? only that he soaks at least 5 a day lately, and i'm finally sick of changing his shirt all the time, so i've been putting drool bibs on while we are home. and i got one on camera... forgive me :)

6 comments:

The Thomsons said...

Ahhh... that Da*n cat! I thought she was a stray too, but has a home accross the street. I too used to feed her until she kept attacking our Cat. Thurston loves her though... her name over here is Tiger Lilly. That's funny.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Wow! That's a pretty healthy looking cat for a stray!! But a good compromise for the kids to kinda have a pet :)

That windstorm was horrible, huh? It broke a few of my candles that I have on the back patio :( Sad day!! If you need help with your fence, give us a call, Shawn will be right over to help and I can bring some cookies! :)

Mom said...

Could I give her a name too? I love cats- but I'm allergic to them. Cute dress, cute girl, cute boy. I love those kids

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

I don't blame you for not wanting a cat in your house, we should have had kids so much sooner and we wouldn't have 3!!! Bummer about your fence!!! Quinn is so cute in her dress and Hendrix is a sweetie!!!

Mom again said...

me again- Will the fence be easy or hard to fix? There needs to be a bigger space between the r and n in darn. It looks like an m.

Scott & Katie said...

WooHoo!!! I feel so honored. Someday when we get a stray cat, I will name it Sharadada. We had one one time that scared me to death. It hissed and tried to run into my house. I had to scream from the driveway (our window to the house was open) to have Scott come help me because I couldn't get near the door without the stupid cat blocking me and hissing and arching his back. Finally Scott distracted it at the front door while I ran in through the garage LOL. My neighbors probably got a good laugh out of that whole scene. BUT then the next day I saw my other neighbor hitting it with a broom so I didn't feel so bad. I hope Eloise is much friendlier than our psycho stray.