Thursday, January 28, 2010

sewing fool

It was only a matter of time I made Hendrix some drool bibs. If he is going to wear one 12 hours a day, he might as well wear a cute one made by his mommy. The only cute ones I have (that aren't girly) I got from Chelsey--but since I only had 5 cutes ones, and he wears at least 4 a day, it was time to bust some out. Here are the first couple-- thanks Salem, I used your cute ones for inspiration.

I made my friend Hollie a sling for her new baby. When she generously offered me the leftover fabric I decided to make myself a new sling-- and wouldn't you know it, but I had enough to finally make Quinn one. Here she is carrying Josie Jo around in it. Maybe someday I'll take a picture of the two of us wearing our matching slings (and I'll get Hollie in the picture too with hers that matches as well)

i've been patiently waiting for the tutorial for the bean bag chairs I'm making for Quinn and Hendrix's birthday. The tutorial was finally put up today, and guess what?? I'm totally scared! I decided that I don't need to spend the $6 for the detailed pattern, but for some reason I feel overwhelmed to start them... even though I've been checking for that tutorial literally 5 times every day. So... I decided that I want one of YOU to make one first, then come over and help me :) sound good??? who's it gonna be??? and decide quick because I want to start them tonight... ha.
and holy cow... I just put 4 links in ONE post... that's a record for me :)

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

LOVE the bibs! Super cute!!
AND p.s. I ALWAYS wanted a sling to carry my dolls around in when I was little. I am so jealous of Quinn :)

Mom said...

I would do it if you buy the plane ticket! But I'm not sure about what to do about my work schedule. The sling for Quinn's dolls was such a cute idea. i love the rocker fabric bib!

kelsey said...

i could not be more happy about quinn's little sling right now. it's so awesome. you're the best mom ever.