Monday, November 28, 2011

Mini-van?

Dave and I have held out for as long as we could. But now we are officially the happy owners of a mini-van! We bought our Durango a few years ago because it has a third row-- we knew we could fit a bunch of kids. But little did we realize that Durangos are NOT ideal for a bunch of little kids. It was so hard to get to the back. Plus the trunk was so small that I had to choose-- groceries or a stroller. (super annoying). We finally made the jump to a mini-van. And I'm HAPPY that it's over. The logistics of buying a car with three little kids is awful. It takes HOURS AND HOURS and test driving and moving car seats all over the place and taking turns at car dealerships and coming home to nurse Veda.... ugh. And too bad that my favorite (and only) babysitter was out of town for Thanksgiving. So we did it all on our own. (which will be good practice for after we move and are on our own again, I guess!) And yes-- this is our second white car :)
It's a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan. And it's beautiful and roomy and has TONS of storage.

9 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

AWESOME!!! We will too make this jump one day. I think it sounds lovely. Anyone I know who has a van loves the practicality and roominess especially with little ones.

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

I feel your pain, we just went through the same thing with the kids when we got the prius! Congrats on the mini van.....I think you belong to some sort of club now :-)

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

I feel your pain, we just went through the same thing with the kids when we got the prius! Congrats on the mini van.....I think you belong to some sort of club now :-)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

congrats on your new van! that's so fun!!! but, oh my gosh, i don't think i could be a minivan mom.... yet :)

Mom said...

Congratulations! It's nice and you'll love it with the kids and if you need to haul anything. Even though my kids all grew up and left me :( I can't imagine not being able to haul something a little large if I need to.

kelsey said...

JEALOUS. I want one. A white one, too. White cars are the best. Now you can actually take people with you. . . wait. . . I'm not there to haul around! At least I know that it's a possibility.

Heather said...

I'm sure I'll be right there with you someday. :) Congratulations!

Leslie said...

Wow...

Sarah Keller said...

You bought a van! Wow. You guys are quick. Not sure if I am your favorite babysitter, but I am sorry I was gone while you were trying to get the car buying thing done...that is hard to do with kids in tow!!! Hope to see you soon.