Wednesday, October 06, 2010

crafts with mom

While my mom was here we made some stuff. She left today... sad :(

Here's my mom in action. We made some paintings for Quinn's big girl room.

I love, love, love how they turned out. They took me LOTS of coats of white paint, so I'm glad my mom was here to help me!! (plus she's way better with details than I am). thanks mom :)

We each made one of these witch feet hand towels. (Thanks Jan for the idea) :)

And I made one of these 'Boo' wreaths for my front door. I have never made a project with burlap before and have always wanted to. I used THIS tutorial. It wasn't hard, but kind of a pain to work with the burlap. It's a little messy. If anyone wants to make one, I have enough burlap strips all cut out-- you'd just have to get the wreath form and letters. let me know.. .they are here waiting for you :)

And Quinn-o got in on the action too.

2 comments:

Heather said...

The paintings turned out awesome! I kind of want to steal that idea, but I'm pretty sure mine would NOT look like yours. Love the colors. The wreath is super cute! You are so crafty!!!

Mom said...

That was so very fun crafting with you. I wish I had a crafting buddy here (and that it was YOU).