Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Monday

Growing up, we had LOTS of fun Halloween traditions. (Katie-- I'm sure you remember) :)
We always had a big family home evening in October, where we would make cupcake spiders or pumpkins, paper spiders to hang on a big web in our entry way, and homemade root-beer with dry ice. So for family home evening while my mom was here we decided to make cupcake spiders.

Here's Dave. Pretending to be excited??

My mom definitely won the contest for cutest spider (don't tell Quinn)

Here they all are

I think the 4 pounds I gained the week my mom was here landed on my face.

haha... nope. my belly. Here are Dave and I about to go on a DATE!!!! Since I'm a freak and never leave my kids, it's a rare occassion lately that Dave and I get out together. Thanks mom for being such an awesome babysitter. And thanks babe, for the Amber-fest movie tickets.

And thanks mom for my cute new boots. I LOVE them. :)

8 comments:

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Love the spiders! And I LOVE that you went on a date, thats awesome!!! Sorry your mom had to leave today :-(

kelsey said...

like any weight has ever landed on your face!
are you wearing boots in that picture? i need a close-up! also, LOVE the new art work, and the fact that you got a date. i'm dying for a night out with jake right about now!!!

p.s. that doesn't look like a cupcake--- i need more details so i can make some!

Audra said...

looks like fun! I think I have a picture of Dave with a spider, with exactly the same facial expression! Probably from...ummm.....2006. HA! Also, I don't think I've ever seen you wear anything but flip flops and Cons! Very fun. Miss you.

Scott & Katie said...

I do remember! Of course I do. I especially remember the homemade root beer. I think about that every Halloween actually. You know we have been friends for a long time when I can associate a million events or holidays with you or something we did. General Conference=Amber. (First, because of your birthday. Second, because we went to SLC during conference weekend.) Tanning lotion = Amber. Pierced Fingernails = Amber (When I read your post about Quinn's ears I thought of this). Thanksgiving = Chuck-o-rama with Amber. You see? And the list could go on forever. Random things spark random memories and you are in a million of them. I love having you as my friend :)

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Just have to had that I just realized you have boots on.....I have never seen you in anything but cons and flip flops :-) The boot look is great on you!!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

the boots are seeeeexy. i love them and they look super cute on you. i'm glad you had a fun birthday. those spiders are super fun!! how did your dr appt go?

Mom said...

You should have mentioned to your blog readers that you ate up all the licorice we needed for the spider legs. Everyone is noticing your cool new boots. I'd love to babysit a lot more often but you live just a little too far away.

daine said...

so what movie did you go and see?