Friday, October 01, 2010

big milestones

FINALLY--- Quinn got her ears pierced. I've been wanting to do it FOREVER and have really regretted not doing it while she was an infant. At the time, I rationalized that she didn't 'need' them pierced because she had so much hair. But I should have done it anyway! She did awesome today though-- I'm very proud. I don't think she knew it was going to hurt, because when it did, she was TICKED OFF. seriously. she cried for a LONG time. She looks absolutely adorable though, and I'm so happy it's done. She fell asleep on the way home (probably because she wore herself out crying for so long). I thought it would be a good chance to get a picture of her ears.



And wouldn't you know it, Hendrix is EIGHTEEN MONTHS OLD!!!!! Where has the time gone?? He is just the best little boy on the planet. He's happy and funny and laughs a lot. He is still really laid back and easy going. He's a good sleeper and a good eater. We couldn't ask for a better little man. He is saying LOTS of words. He'll copy almost any word you ask him to say. Plus he'll sing parts of 'twinkle twinkle,' which is the cutest thing ever. He is still in love with anything locomotive: trucks, cars, airplanes, trains. We just love him to pieces and feel so lucky he's in our family!

4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

ooooh, poor quinn!!! it is super cute though - but, man, look at how red her little ear is. i do love little baby girls with little studs in - i think i will do it while they are brand new babies. but, you may have to take my girls for me, i can't even hold jax down for his immunizations - and then i cry :)
hope her little ears feel all better tommorrow!

Lindsay said...

wow thats a big milestone for such a little girl. good job quinn!!! she looks so cute. welcome to the ear pierced club. we love it!!!!

valerie said...

Oh poor little missy. I had kenz get hers pierced at 5 yrs old and she was also royally angry with me. She was playing really hard one day and one got ripped out and bled like crazy and she was done with them, let them seal up
:( hoping some day she will beg me for them so we can do it all over again!! :)
Yay for Quinn, hope they aren't too sore still, cause they are stinkin cute!

Scott & Katie said...

She is so sweet. She keeps looking more and more like you! What a pretty little thing :)