Monday, October 11, 2010

maternity jeans

holy crap, guys. I just made myself some maternity jeans.
Does any one else out there have an impossible time finding maternity jeans?? Especially being short-- it's so hard to find pants. I've tried on a bunch of pairs, hoping that they had magically improved since my last pregnancy-- but with no luck. so I took a pair of a regular jeans (that i've been stuffing myself into) and cut off the waist band. Then sewed in a tummy sleeve. I'm sure I could have just used a tight t-shirt, but I knew that the tummy sleeve was tight enough to keep my pants up. Plus, I can roll it down and have it look like a t-shirt underneath. And no more showing my bum to everyone when I bend over-- yeah!!!



And an added bonus-- I can now breath when I'm wearing these pants. whew.

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

i have to agree maternity jeans SUCK. you are amazing. they look great!!

Natalie said...

I did that a couple of weeks ago!! Wahoo for knowing how to sew huh?!

Audra said...

Very clever. I love them!

Sarah said...

You are amazing with all of your sewing projects and ideas! You inspire me :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

How clever! I love your bump!!!! You are ALWAYS so cute when you are pregnant!!! How do you manage to keep your cute little figure!?!? love you Amber!

ps, please updatae me on how your appointment went. Did you find out gender yet??? I have a little something to send you, becase I already know what your having :) ...but I just want to wait for you to find out so I don't spoil it for you!!! :) Ha!

krystal said...

Amber, that is awesome....I think I need some of those pants...your amazing!

Mom said...

You're a sewing genius Amber. My Mom's genes came through on the jeans. (My Mom was a tailor at one time). I don't know why I don't sew more than I do. You do inspire me to want to.

valerie said...

I am surprised you didn't do this ages ago, you and your crafty mind and all!
Seriously you have to go into business someday when your kids are grown and you have loads of time to just whip up these things, and make some money!!! :)
loving it btw

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Can you make me some? I need an in between pair for right now. The regular maternity jeans are too big and fall off of me and my regular non maternity jeans are too tight and I can't button them, HELP!!! I am going crazy!

cc said...

Wow, those look great!

Jody and Jace Martin said...

This made me laugh, because a few days ago I found a super cute maternity swimming suit top on clearance for five bucks, and I bought it and sewed it up to fit me. Haha. I will have to use this trick on my next pregnancy go round. Great idea! BTW, you look GREAT in those jeans:)

kelsey said...

I totally wanted to try and make some while I was pregnant this time, but I didn't. . . clearly. Nice idea using a tummy sleeve, so easy!

p.s. I like the bum shot the best! lol.