Sunday, October 17, 2010

sewing therapy

I've been sewing!!! Sometimes I find joy in mass producing things, and sewing is definitely something I do when I need to feel better. It was a tough week. One of my dear friends lost her baby this week. Which it's maybe a little ironic that I still spent the week sewing mainly baby items.
I like to keep some baby gifts on hand and my stock was getting low. Here are some changing pads

Some binky clips. I used THIS tutorial. Although I had to modify the measurements.. I don't know why.

a rice bag I made my friend Amy for her birthday. This has been my go-to present this year. My friend Audra made me one a few years ago and I've LOVED it.


and some burp rags. I made a few more sets... but I already put some in the baby's closet. I think baby V or baby H will need some new ones :)

7 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

fun, fun, fun! i love all of those things. i still think you should open a little online store or something. you are so creative!!!
you should try corn bags. they are so much yummier than rice bags. after a while, the rice bags really start to be stinky. but the corn is so yum. a few years ago for christmas, shawn and i made everyone in our family a corn bag...they are great gifts, huh?

kelsey said...

V OR H?!?!? that is so rude. expound, please.

p.s. i love my changing pads, thanks sooooo much!!!

Lindsey said...

The rice bag is so cute - but I'm wondering, what do you do with it? Is it a toy or a heating pad? Or something else entirely?

Greg and Alyssa said...

You taunt me with this V/H business. Cruel girl.

Mom said...

I know you are the most creative genius in the world! Such cute stuff! V or H???

Shane and Amy Jo said...

I LOVE the rice bag...used it right when I got home last night! Love all of your fun projects. I think next girls night should be a fun craft night!!! :)

Audra said...

Very cute stuff Amber. Sewing is very therapeutic for me too. You look great!