Sunday, August 07, 2011

downtown

we spent our last day in Portland doing downtown stuff with the kids. We went to Powell's bookstore (awesome-- it's HUGE!!), ate at street vendors, and took the kids to play at Jamison Park. We rode the street train and had an adventure taking turns holding kids since we didn't want to deal with the stroller on the street train and in busy stores. Veda blew out her diaper and we had ice-cream. Fun day.
here we all are eating lunch. There was actually a street performer right in front of us playing violin, but I didn't get a picture.

thanks for posing, Julie and Jonathan. Daniel?

Jamison Park was this awesome fountain area for kids to play in. The kids had a lot of fun.


Veda had fun too.



here's me and Hendrix-- very happy about getting some ice cream after playing in the water.

3 comments:

Jenifer Koyle said...

Im from Portland. ur making me miss it. U gotta try voodoo doughnut next time ur there. They have 2 buildings. people can even get married in one of them lol. They even made it on the food channel as one of the top places to eat

Mom said...

That ended up being a super fun day. I didn't know how well the kids would do downtown but I think they really enjoyed it. The fountain/splash pad was super fun.

kelsey said...

So. . . Hendrix is ridiculously cute. I love that last picture of you two! I miss cities. . .