Monday, February 15, 2010

catch up

The day before Valentine's after Quinn and I 'heart-attacked' Dave's desk, Quinn said to me: "Mommy, will you make me something for ValentiMe's Day??" ha... how could I resist that? Why, yes Quinn, yes I will.

So in addition to this lollipop that I gave her...

I made her this kitty. I patterned it after the doll I made her for Christmas. I originally intended to make her a mouse, but when it was done it definitely looked more like a cat. And she lovingly named her 'Eloise." (I also made her a cute little bag, but that didn't seem to get in any pictures...)

Hendrix got some new boats to play with in the bath (come on... he's too young for chocolate)

Hendrix loves to play this keyboard. Hopefully we have a little musician on our hands. and yes, Christmas pj's... it's Christmas year-round in our home.

He seriously loves to look out the window.



I made this garland to decorate for Hendrix's birthday.

And while I've been making Hendrix's, Quinn has been asking me to make one for her birthday... so here's hers. The strands will just be single, they were just hanging up in the craft closet like.... but hopefully you get the idea. And if not, I'll be taking pictures at their birthday parties. And boy oh boy-- invisible thread is a nightmare (but kind of cool at the same time)
And HERE'S where I got the idea-- you can see a picture of how they will look hung up.

5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Oh Amber, Quinn is looking like such a big girl!!! She's BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad you guys had a fun Valentine's Day :)

Mom said...

Great post. Quinn is such a cutie! The kitty "Eloise" really turned out cute. Hendrix has much music in his genes. Wish I could borrow that cute garland this Thursday for enrichment meeting. We're having a Relief Society birthday party. i'll be lucky to get some balloons.

Leslie said...

Very cute!

Pikula's said...

YOUR KIDS ARE SUPER CUTE!!!

Scott & Katie said...

there's no such thing as too young for chocolate. I thought for sure you of all people would be in agreeance :) The kids are adorable...and i think macey is going to potty-train before ryan! I still can't believe how small Quinn is. Mavey is bigger than her :)