Thursday, February 18, 2010

honest Abe

I made Hendrix this Abe Lincoln shirt. See mom?? my mom thought I was crazy when I told her about it. ha. but it's cute, huh?



Tutorial and image link HERE
a few of my own tips that I've learned from freezer paper stenciling lately:
always do a second coat of paint--even if you don't think it needs it.
heat seal the paint with a warm iron (after it's dry and the stencil's off) some of the textile paint i've used says to do this, some don't-- but DO it- you'll be glad you did :)

5 comments:

Mom said...

It IS cute Amber! (So is the baby).

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Sooo cute Amber- man you never stop!!! Wish I had a great hobby :-)

daine said...

Is it just me, or does he sort of look like zombie-Lincoln? Still, I approve.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Ha! Zombie Lincoln! I love it!! It is a super cute shirt!

Amber- you should open up your own little store and sell all this stuff that you make all the time! I know I would buy FREQUENTLY!! You're just so good!

krystal said...

So cute AM!!!