Friday, June 03, 2011

i'm redecorating a room!

remember this room in my house? the room that we NEVER go in? well, we decided that it could be better used. So we are turning it into an office. we also are trying to convert this room using things we have. tricky? yes. but fun :)

plus, I have free child labor. here is quinn helping me with some art to put on the bookshelf. (thanks, leslie-- i think you gave me this board she's painting. a LONG time ago. it's been sitting in a closet waiting for something great).

here's hendrix helping me by putting random things on the shelves and making my books crooked, and putting finger prints on that picture.

a closer-up of the art that quinn helped me with. and yes-- i used my silhouette :)

and a pillow i made. not really for this room, but that's where it is now. i actually started making it for my mom for mother's day. i obviously didn't get it done in time. :) if you like it mom, and it matches your house, you can have it when you come over next. i used THIS tutoriaL

we are probably going to paint an accent wall in this room, and i have some plans for the bookshelves. involving wallpaper-- anyone done that before? or want to come over and help me with it? it's gonna be fun.... :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Did you have to put each little piece on the red painting separately? It's REALLY cute. I LOVE the pillow but hate to say so because it looks so cute in your house. Maybe we can make some more of them?? You have some good helpers there.