Wednesday, June 15, 2011

summer bucket list

my friend Lindsey did a post today about a summer bucket list. i thought it was a great idea, so we started working on one of our own. Here's what we've come up with so far:

Eagle Island State Park
Make home made icecream
movie and popcorn outside
splash park
water balloons
Go to portland with my family in August
clean out the closets
organize and host a craft night with friends
bike ride with daddy
have a BBQ
go see a waterfall in twin falls
and not necessarily with my kids, but i want to make ALL of these crafts:
skirt
another skirt
booster seat

zippered wallet
pillow
and mostly this ADORABLE BAG

and geez-- what an awful cycle. I put cleaning out the closets on there because I like to throw stuff away and REALLY clean out- yet I feel like I haven't successfully done it lately. My house starts driving me crazy because it's so messy, so I get in the mood to clean stuff out. But then, cleaning stuff out makes everything SO messy while I'm working on it that it doesn't really help me feel like my house is cleaner. It does when I'm all done, but that can take a while with three kiddos to watch. Plus, when I'm cleaning stuff out--- they find random things to play with and carry them around the house, so the whole house is covered with the stuff I'm trying to organize and get rid of.

AND, instead of mopping my floor or cleaning the fish bowl like I should have today while Veda was sleeping in her crib, I decide to make cookies. (sometimes a girl need a cookie). But I'm out of butter, so I look forever for a recipe that uses shortening instead, make the dough with Quinn as my little helper, roll the cookies in sugar, and place a whole bunch on a sheet in the oven, only to realize that I forgot the baking soda. how do I ever get through the day? :)

anyway-- make a summer bucket list. it's fun-- and summer doesn't last forever. just ask this dude:

(and lindsey has a cute printable you can use to make yours as cute as hers)

8 comments:

kelsey said...

I didn't see, "Play with Kelsey" on that list. Hm. . .

p.s. I'm starting a blog about "minimizing" so it's funny you should say that! I LOVE getting rid of things, and we need to, bad.

Heather said...

That's a GREAT idea! Summer bucket list. I'm on it!

Your list has a couple I'll have to steal.

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the shout out Amber! I love your list. How do you make homemade ice cream? Do you need some sort of contraption? Obviously I am clueless on this, but it sounds fun.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

that's why i stick to store bought cookies.... :-)

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y said...

Hey Amber! I love your blog.... My computer is so slow that I dont post as often as I use too. I look forward to seeing your post and learning all about your cute lil family. Looks like you are a GREAT sewer/crafter too, LOVE IT! Have a good weekend! Tiff-

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Great list but you need to add "Hang out with the Huszars" :-)

Mom said...

Great idea for a bucket list. Tomorrow I'll check out all those projects. I have two from camp that I still want to make. I was too busy helping the girls make theirs. I have a few home improvement ideas to put on my bucket list. Of course the funding has to be there too. You ideas are great!

Mom again said...

Did the cookies turn out? The skirts on the blog ideas are SOOO cute!