Friday, June 24, 2011

running

this morning as i left the house, i was only going to run a mile and a half. i haven't run for a week since when I wake up in the morning, it's so dark it looks like it's the middle of the night. when it's too dark to talk myself into running, i do the elliptical or insanity instead. this morning i was only going to run a short way, figuring that's all i'd be able to. then 1/4 mile into my run where i usually turn to run farther, i decided to just do it. it was one of those mornings where the temperature was perfect, my headphones were staying in my ears (Thanks dad!), and i had lots left in me (thanks brownies i ate yesterday). the 2 1/2 mile loop i run around my house is out on country roads. so i got to enjoy the beautiful sunrise with horses, cows, and llamas. and i listened to THIS song over and over and over. (thanks to dave who is on top of new music and all things cool). it's the perfect tempo, plus has some "na na na na's"
ha... and the first comment under that video is "be happy, all the time, for no reason at all." Amen. here's to a happy day.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go Amber! The funny things we do at the crack of dawn! I wish I could admit to running- but laundry, blogging and cleaning will have to do!
Keep it up- great song too- I peeked and had to listen awhile!
Glad things are a little brighter for you these days!

kelsey said...

Aw, I wish I were with you. Instead, I was also running on country roads!

Dave said...

good work running dude. you're so buff.

Mom said...

That was inspirational. It's always great when the weather is perfect. We dealt with some heavy rain here in Kirtland. The temperatures are comfortable though. It looks like another rainy day today.

Mom said...

I don't remember if or what I commented on this post but I agree to just be happy! I started running again. I ran 1/4 mile one day, 1/2 mile next and around 2/3 of a mile then decided I needed some new running shoes. Got them today. Happy running to us both. May we both be thin and have toned legs!!!