Friday, June 10, 2011

we've had.... a day

woweee.... what a day!!! steroids=agressive, destructive, mad little boy. hendrix is out of control!! my normally mellow little boy has been the complete opposite!!! we've had lots of tears today (none from me-- woo hoo!!)

if quinn had something, hendrix forcefully grabbed it from her. everything on the bottom shelves of my pantry was purposely thrown on the floor. and anything that i wanted him to do (ie: walk into the doctor's office, take a bath) were NOT gonna happen.

poor little quinn had a rough day because little hendrix was making things hard for her. when x was sleeping, she was great. :)

and for some unknown reason, veda cried more today than she has for the rest of her life combined. poor baby just had a rough day. but now she's snuggled up on my chest asleep, so it's okay. :)

so imagine me trying to walk into the doctor's office today. holding a diaper bag, a HEAVY baby in a carseat who is SCREAMING, and holding hendrix with my other hand who is holding onto the door frame REFUSING to go inside and crying. fun. he would not let go of the door-- he's one strong little dude. i finally just started laughing because the waiting room is full of people who are looking at me wide-eyed.
i eventually talked quinn into helping me hold the door so i could put the car seat inside the office and pick up hendrix. and sadly, hendrix's doctor wasn't really pleased with how hendrix's lungs sounded today. she wanted to do another couple of days of steroids, but based on my reaction to that, she's giving him a day off of them to see how he does.
hopefully tomorrow he will be less like this:

but hopefully he will also continue to get over his pneumonia since we are stepping up the breathing treatments.
days like today make me so happy that my kids go to bed at 6:30. :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Hey at least you didn't cry and could laugh about it! I hate those stressful moments when everything feels out of control! And what is with toddlers and their weird amount of strength?? LOL

Very cute pics.... even with the tears. :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i can't believe everyone in the drs office just sat there and watched you. how funny! if i saw that, i would immediately jump up and hold the door open for someone. i hope you have a better day tomorrow!

thank goodness it's the weekend... hopefully dave doesn't have to work so it doesn't all have to be on you. you deserve a bubble bath and a nap :)

Megan said...

Oh man I am so sorry, just what you need. Just think your kids will seem so easy in a couple of days...I hope.

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

I would have cried Am! Way to go for hanging in there. I sure hope X is back to his normal self soon!

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

6:30, really? I'm going to try that. So sorry about the rough day. Why didn't any of those staring people offer to help you hold the door?? That is lame. Come on Hendrix, get better soon!

Leslie said...

I hope he does better off the steroids, because that really isn't like him. Kids make everything more fun, don't they?? ha. hope today is better.

kelsey said...

Sad! Kids are so perceptive, they can just TELL when something is out of whack (i.e. someone has pneumonia).

I also would have tried not to cry, and I'm happy that you laughed instead. I wish Norah would go to bed at 6:30. . . except then she would be up just as early. I think 7:30 is working!